The CHE is an empowering health promotion model in which members of migrant and minority ethnic communities are recruited and trained to participate in the delivery of health promotion initiatives. The model will be adapted to different European contexts, updated in collaboration with at least 75-80 trained CHEs, 50 health care professionals and is expected to outreach 1000 users from a migrant background during its 2 years duration (November 2013 -October 2015). MEET project aims to:
- Assess Individual and Community Needs for Health Education and strengthen health literacy by promoting information, guidance and access to the services;
- Enhance the cultural and interpersonal competences of health and social service providers;
- Network between migrant communities, health services, adult education providers, local and regional institutions involved in health care sector.
- Guideline Handbook for the application of CHE intervention model;
- CHE Training Handbook addressed to adult education providers;
- Grundtvig training course structure
- E-learning platform for trainers and trainees.